Friday, July 9, 2010

My days are full of tension

...but not the kind that causes headaches! I was thinking today about how each day brings new opportunities to find "balance" in life - between being and doing, hearing and speaking, contentment and longing, resting and working hard. This is one of the biggest challenges for me in my Christian walk - keeping the proper balance, or tension, in each area.

Beautiful music has provided a good reminder for me about how important tension is. It takes just the right amount of string tension for a violin string to sound a clear, beautiful note. It also takes just the right amount of tension for a life to sound forth a clear, beautiful song. Thankfully, God is the master tuner, so I know that whatever comes my way is designed to serve His glory if I yield to the perfection of His touch. If I slack off, the note is wobbly. If I jump hard on the difficulty and don't rest in Christ, the note is shrill and most unlovely!

For today - "Come, thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace..."

Blessings,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment