Monday, May 9, 2011

Closing Out the School Year


This is the last full week of classes - Yippee! I think I'm at least as excited as my students. I'll have one more week of exam grading following all the testing next week, but there's closure with that. Something finished. A new beginning awaiting me in September. (I think that's one of my favorite things about teaching - a fresh start every year!)

Summer holds a promise of rest, not because there won't be anything to do, but because there will be different things to do, and most of those different things revolve around my home and family. I also have a stack of reading beckoning me - Travels With Charlie by Steinbeck, Saving Leonardo by Nancy Pearcy, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, and a long-awaited revisit to Pilgrim's Progress. The intellectual challenge this summer is reading through Calvin's Institutes with my dear (and brilliant) husband. We'll be taking a few days to attend General Assembly in Virginia Beach (and treat the girls to a beach day - something they've never experienced!) Uh oh, that reminds me---need to order bathing suits today!

I have some new recipes to try, some sewing to do, and, hopefully, more regular writing. And, at the top of the list of things I'm looking forward to - time with friends! Ah, summer, how good you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment